Friday, April 18, 2008

Other Bangalore's entreprenuership --- a veg pulao for ten rupees

Have you noticed the roadside gaddas in Bangalore? They compete next to the Shanti Sagars and the upscale joints. But mind you they are not empty; they are as full as the Shanti Sagars, if not more.

The other day I decided to try one of them. They gave me a plate full of veg pulao for Rs. 10/-. The same pulao or may be with some costlier rice would cost Rs. 50/- at Shanti Sagar.

But the point I found most interesting --- was that it was a husband, wife manning the shop and it was given with a smile on their faces. On top of it, the lady asked me if I wanted some sherva (I figured it is some kind of spicy gravy) with the pulao. Not knowing what sherva was, I said give me some.

Economics is not a zero sum game. I am glad to see all kinds of Bangaloreans doing well being entreprenuers.

Cheers, ,and Jai Hind!

Samir

1 comment:

sam_the_ram said...

Thanks for your kind words. I will look up rambhai.com

regards,
Sam