Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Death in other bangalore.

Death in Viveknagar isn't much different from life in Viveknagar. Keith, my good friend, died the other
day. I have written about Keith in this same blog some months back.

On Sunday I got a call from Male saying Keith had died. Keith used to live alone in a room in the third floor
of a building. No one knows when he died. When little Nanditha went to check out on Keith Sunday evening,
she didnt hear any response.

Keith died happily sitting in a chair with a cigarette between his fingers. He didnt seem to die suffering, or so we
feel. He didnt give any panic phone calls as seems to be evident from the sent messages on his mobile.

Keith died with a smile on his face. This man who lived his life as a bachelor and as an engine driver
in the Railways always was a happy man. He used to drink a lot and I remember reminding him a number
of times -- Keith you are going to die drinking like this. What does it matter, Keith used to say to me, very
casually. I can die now..........

One thing Keith's death tell me --- I am not afraid of death. Death is just another happy thing, isnt it ?
What when you get 5 thousands as a pension and you dont have to live much for ?

regards,
Samir

No comments: